The Monthly Update newsletter
The ALS Association Greater New York Chapter’s newsletter is published monthly in both paper and email form. The newsletter covers a broad range of subjects including stories about the lives of ALS patients, Q&A with medical professionals, tips on daily living and communication, and announcements.
Sign up to receive the newsletter
Connections to distinguished regional care institutions
- ALS Association Certified Treatment Centers of Excellence and Recognized Treatment Centers who work closely with our chapters
- Many support groups are designed to meet the special needs of ALS family caregivers.
- Other support groups devote a portion of the meeting time to meet with family caregivers separate from the persons with ALS.
- Support group programs include speakers and resources specifically designed for family caregivers.
- Support groups provide networking opportunities for family caregivers to meet one another and offer each other mutual support and practical problem solving strategies.
Find your local support group
Equipment Loan Programs:
- The ALS Association Greater New York Chapter loans a range of equipment to ALS families. Equipment such as a lift device, wheelchair or communication device can make a significant difference to the family caregiver as well as the ALS patient.
- Many ALS Association chapters offer respite programs to provide family caregivers time away from the home and their responsibilities. Caregivers can use the time - from a few hours to a full day or more - to take care of personal matters, catch up with family and friends and have a chance for rest and relaxation.
The ALS Association is affiliated and works closely with the following groups:
- National Family Caregivers Association
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Family Caregiver Alliance
Feel free to contact the Chapter with any questions about ALS or if there is any way that we can be of service to you and your family.
The ALS Association
The Greater New York Chapter
42 Broadway, Suite 1724
New York, NY 10004
Phone: (212) 619-1400
Fax: (212) 619-7409